Asheville, NC – Custom Web Site Design
So you need a new website.
Start by thinking about what you want to accomplish with the site. It maybe that your site’s content is OK, but your overall look on the site is dated. Perhaps you have products that you want to sell, in which case you would need some form of shopping cart. Perhaps you have a new book, and you would like it to be on Amazon’s Top Ten Best Seller list, or even the New York Times Best Seller list.
No matter what your reason is for researching website design companies, you need to first step back and look at the end goal.
Where do you go from here?
This is often the hardest part for our customers. Knowing what you want can be as difficult as finding the right person or company to do it.
I always tell customers to look at the competition. Google the search terms that are relative to your business, see who is out there, what their site offers and most importantly what their site looks like. Whether you like the way the site looks or hate it, either reaction will help you decide how you want your site to look – or not look.
Things to Notice about a Website
- Color Scheme (Harmonious or clashing?)
- Navigation (Easy to find what you are looking for, or do you have to hunt?)
- Use of “White Space” (Is the site cluttered or nicely spaced out?)
- Overall look (Does it look fresh or dated?)
Things to Notice About a Website Design Company
- How does their website look? (If it looks unprofessional, so will yours)
- Do they have lots of recent samples of their work?
- Do all their samples look about the same (Basically a template site)
- Do you like their work? (You can see samples of our work here)
- When you contact them how fast to they get back to you? (if they are slow before the sale…lookout!)
- Do they have many positive endorsements or testimonials?